Sunday, February 22, 2009

Stirring up the sand....

Ok, so Kari and I thought we needed to mix up the sand and sea shells we bought and in the process we created a cloud storm in the tank. It will take probably about 24 hours to settle. We have been shopping around in the area for places that specialize in the hobby and found a really cool place called Bay Area Aquariums right off the highway. I bought some more live rock that is already cured and now we will just wait around until all of the levels in the water cycle out. I also bought a power head pump that will circulate the water over 180 gallons an hour and provide a strong current so that my fishes can get their exercise just like in the real ocean.
Kari cleaned up and rearranged the live rock today, and checked all of the water levels. She amuses me because I did not think at first that she would be really interested in this. However, she has taken over the duties of checking the water levels and seems antsy like me to start adding some fish. I think if all goes well, we will add the cleanup crew later this next week. I will probably purchase them online. The cleanup crew comprises mainly bottom feeders including snails, crabs, shrimp, sea cucumbers and other invertebrates. There is this one really cool bumble bee snail which I want to buy. It's shell is black and yellow. Stay tuned for more!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well I like the clean-up crew animals...and I'm excited to have somthing to watch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...did Kari fail to tell you about her science background??? I'm sure she's secretly itching to do even more!

    ReplyDelete